Roku streaming devices are one of the most famous amongst the streaming world. Almost all the popular streaming services like Netflix, YouTube, Amazon, Hulu, HBO GO, and more are accessible on Roku. The Roku device box includes a Remote. Some devices have Enhanced remotes whereas some come with a basic IR remotes. Just in case if you are facing the issue of Roku remote not pairing or if your Roku remote stopped working, work through this list of troubleshooting steps.
Manually Pair Roku remote
If your Roku remote is not pairing automatically and you don’t know How to Pair Roku Remote manually, you can follow the below steps to pair your Roku remote manually:
> Ensure that you have new and working batteries in your Roku remote.
> Keep your Roku remote close to the device.
> Unplug your Roku device for about 2 minutes and then re-plug it.
> The system will then reboot.
> Remove the battery compartment of the Roku remote.
> For about 5 seconds, press and hold the reset button that is inside the battery compartment.
> Thereafter, the remote will be paired and you can enjoy the endless streaming.
These are the steps to be followed to pair Roku remote manually when you face issues like the Roku remote not pairing automatically. In case your remote is not working, you can try the troubleshooting steps also and check if it resolves the issue.
Roku remote not working
If your Roku Enhanced Remote is not working and you are not able to Piar Roku remote, use these troubleshooting methods to help resolve the issue.
Restart your Roku device and Roku remote
- Open the battery compartment and separate the batteries from your remote.
- Unplug the power supply from the Roku box device. If you have an IR remote, then go to Settings > System > System Restart and then choose the Restart option.
- Wait for around 5 seconds and then re-plug the power cable.
- Reinsert the batteries in the remote once you see the home screen of your Roku device.
- Wait for about 30 seconds and see if your remote confirms a connection with your Roku device or not.
Change the batteries
Check for the remote the batteries. If your remote has weak or dead batteries, it can be the cause of the remote fault. You can remove the batteries and reset them again. If the remote still does not work, replace the batteries with a new one.
Use an HDMI extension
If you are using a streaming stick, you can opt for an HDMI extender. The HDMI extender impacts the remote functionalities. You can get the free HDMI connector from the company. For this, you need to fill up a form through https://my.roku.com/hdmi and order a free HDMI extender for your Roku. The HDMI extender also prevents the Roku from overheating.
Also read: Roku Stick Overheating Issue
Check your network connection
Internet connection plays a vital role in the streaming world. Each Roku device has a different kind of connection, either wireless or wired. If you have both the options for the connectivity, try interchanging them if you are facing the issue of Roku remote not pairing and check if this resolves the issue.
Replace the remote
If nothing works for your Roku remote, you may need to replace your remote. Certainly, the Roku remote app gets you through the difficult days with comfort. However, it’s not a complete replacement for the real Roku remote. So purchasing a new one is always recommended.
Download the Roku application
If your Roku remote is not working even after all the fixes, download the Roku remote app from the App Store or Play store. This works as a great substitute for your Roku remote. It offers features of a Roku remote and makes the situation better if your remote isn’t working.
- Download and install the Roku app. As an android user, download the app from the google play store and if you are an iPhone user, download the app from the Apple app store.
- Launch the app and observe the instructions appearing on the screen. For the primary time users, the terms and condition message appear and you shall agree to the terms and services. Please read the conditions. Then you will go through a prompt guide.
- Thereafter, tap on the Devices options. The device option is at the bottom of your screen. Click on OK to allow it to locate your Roku devices.
- Now, select your Roku device.
- Next, choose the Remote symbol. You will see this icon after you select your device.
- In the end, you can use the remote on your Roku app. Ensure that you use the same WiFi network on the Roku device as well as the phone. Now you are ready to manage the TV with your Roku app remote.
There are various reasons you face the issue of Roku remote not pairing. It could be due to poor internet connection, a hardware fault, or even a total failure. The above-mentioned fixes can help resolve the issue your Roku remote is facing. Ensure that you take good care of your remote so that it won’t have any issues and you can enjoy a trouble-free streaming experience.